secure plus financial
We are looking for a Staff Accountant to join our team! You will be responsible for preparing and analyzing financial records for our company.
Job Type: Full-time, Part-time
Pay: $39,500.00 – $50,000.00 a year
Benefits: Paid time off, Work from home
Schedule: Monday to Friday
Supplemental Pay: Bonus pay
Work Location: One Location
Remote Work: Yes
- Prepare and examine accounting records, financial statements, taxes, and other financial reports
- Develop and analyze reporting for business operations and budgets
- Perform audits, ensuring adherence to standard requirements
- Create new processes to improve financial efficiency
- Report analysis and findings to management team
- Professional development of bookkeepers including providing in-service training on technical advances in non-profit accounting.
- Regularly evaluate each employee and provide feedback to the company CFO & CEO.
- Analyze and manage client profitability. Report feedback to company CFO & CEO.
- Research and continuing education in all areas of accounting and technology used internally and by clients.
- Perform bookkeeping services as needed for multiple complex clients or clients in transition.
- Support on-boarding of new clients to ensure adequate support to the primary bookkeeper.
- Support other areas of the company such as Sales, HR, and Admin as needed to continue to develop infrastructures of the company.
- Provide technical and social support to the team while developing each staff member to their full potential and efficiency.
Qualifications and Skills
- Previous experience in accounting or other related fields
- Fundamental knowledge of GAAP
- Experience with current computer accounting programs and reporting tools
- Detail and deadline-oriented
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Bachelors or Higher in Accounting or Accounting-related field.
- CPA license preferred, (Not Required)
- 3 years minimum of accounting experience (Required)
- Experience working with Quickbooks Desktop & or Online.
- Remote interview process
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Temperature screenings
- Virtual meetings
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place